Skip to main content

Project Bathroom: Day One and two

This is not entirely crafty but it is definitely a project and there will be decorating involved so I figured I would share my Renos with you.

Well it is finally time to update our main bathroom and get rid of the painted tile! this has been annoying me since we moved in nearly 5 years ago.


Now I want to apologise I forgot to take a proper before picture so this on is actually before we moved in so the accessories are not mine however the tile and wallpaper were still there ( half peeling off paper and paint) 4 plus year later.
again I forgot to take pictures as I first started

Day one
Over a series of 15 min bursts of work I removed the drywall on the left of this picture, no more than an hour total time.

Day 2
Next was the tile   it took me about 30 min to remove all the tile form this wall. it came of fairly easily.
On the morning of day 2 The new tub arrived and as you can see there was a lovely gouge/ scratch in it!  It took me a while but I finally got the store to agree to not only deliver the replacement tub for free but also by courier so that they will deliver it right up to the bathroom for me.  ( originally they wanted me to bring back the old one and pick up a new one with their rental van and they would just waive the rental fees! I hated driving the van and would not have anyone to help me as I had arranged all the help for today so this was not an option I would accept!)

A close up of the scratch... and It should be noted that this is the only one I saw since i did not unpack the tub further there could have been more!










Still Day two

I had people coming over this evening ( they were supposed to bring the tub upstairs for me...
but I managed to get the drywall of this wall off before they were due to be here... about another 30 min, I needed to be careful of the pipes here.

I discover that putting the garbage bags in an Ikea bag is a great way to bring them from the bathroom out to the garage much easier to hold these handles than the bag.
Still Day 2

later that evening I tackled the rest of the tile it only took me about an hour total including the time it took me to  clean up the mess from the afternoon  and the mess this made.
Yes Still Day 2

ok so  by now it was 10:30 but I just keep wanting to do one more little bit... that little bit ended up being the dry wall on the back wall......
and a little bit from the ceiling above the tub...












It may have been more however I did not want to clean up this mess at the time so I went to bed....



I really cant believe the girls slept through all of this  evening work one of their bedrooms is on the other side of this wall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Cotton Mak-Uup Pads...Tutorial

Make Your Own Cotton Make-Up Removal Pads A Tutorial I have been a a de stashing kick lately and one of the things I have a lot of bits of is cotton yarn.  I recently renovated my Master bathroom and as a result I have been trying to de clutter and one thing I figured I could get ride of is the cotton pads and balls from under the sink (by using them) and replace them with a single set of reusable cotton pads that will a small jar on my counter and in doing so also save me some money by  keeping me form buying more single use cotton pads in the future.  As I was making my little circles I took some photos to share the process with you. Step 1 Create a magic circle and cast on 6 Step 2 Close the Magic Circle Step 3 Chain one, 2 Single Crochet in each Single crochet and slip stich to close Step 4 Chain 2, 2 Double Crochet in each single crochet and slip stitch.     Step 5 With Darning needle sew in the loose ends Step 6 Clip remaining ends Repeat as needed.

Hello Again and the Organizing Challenge

Hello Again Everyone It has been a long time since I have taken the time to share my Craftyness with you.  This is not because I have not been crafty but more because I have gotten busy and probably a little lazy also my place is kinda messy and often I feel some tidying needs to be done before I can take pictures to show and then well .... It just kinda falls by the way side. I have decided I am going to try to ease back into doing more crafting and more blogging, and the way I have decided to do this is by taking part in an organizing challenge on one of my favorite Thrifty blogs,  Mrs January.com . and I will try my best to share my results with you here on my blog. I have decided to share this here as one of the biggest obstacle I have when wanting to be crafty is not having an organized and tidy home, to be crafty in, so my hope is that by the end of June I will have a more pleasant place to be crafty and continue to share my craftiness with you. So who is with me? check o

My favourite diaper bag...

So I was over at  Craft Gossip  before Halloween and saw the cutest little diaper bag made from the babies outgrown overalls and as luck would have it I had a pair sitting at the front door that I loved and was just about to give away so I dragged them down stairs to my machine and pulled up the tutorial over at  Sew and Grow   and shortly their after I had a cute little bag made from a pair of my favourite baby overalls. I love this bag because I attaches to your purse and therefore you only need to throw one bag strap over your shoulder.  it is also great for leaving the little ones at a babysitter, grandma or other spot just unsnap the bag and leave it with them. Finally it can be strapped onto a stroller quickly so you have easy access to the snaks. the only thing I would do different next time and there will be a next time is use a pair of overalls that are not made from a knit fabric that way it will not bulge so much when stuffed full and hold its shape a little better.