Skip to main content

My Favourite Pretzels

My Treat for Today


My neighbour has been craving pretzels lately which reminded me that I have not made any in a while so that is what I did this morning while the baby slept.  I use Alton Browns recipe it is super easy and always gives me awesome results.  the recipe makes 8 large pretzels I normally take the last 2 or 3 and cut them in half to make smaller ones for the girls.  The other thing i did differently is to swap out one of the cups of flour for whole wheat flour swapping one cup does not change the flavour or texture at all but does increase the nutritional value a bit. Another tip I would add is that if you do not have pretzel salt like he calls for (I have been unable to find any yet)  Just sprinkle on a small amount of coarse pickling salt, remember that a little goes a long way!

next time I make them I think I will try and make a double batch and then after boiling them I will freeze them and see how they cook up after defrosting, I'll keep you posted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reusable Cotton Mak-Uup Pads...Tutorial

Make Your Own Cotton Make-Up Removal Pads A Tutorial I have been a a de stashing kick lately and one of the things I have a lot of bits of is cotton yarn.  I recently renovated my Master bathroom and as a result I have been trying to de clutter and one thing I figured I could get ride of is the cotton pads and balls from under the sink (by using them) and replace them with a single set of reusable cotton pads that will a small jar on my counter and in doing so also save me some money by  keeping me form buying more single use cotton pads in the future.  As I was making my little circles I took some photos to share the process with you. Step 1 Create a magic circle and cast on 6 Step 2 Close the Magic Circle Step 3 Chain one, 2 Single Crochet in each Single crochet and slip stich to close Step 4 Chain 2, 2 Double Crochet in each single crochet and slip stitch.     Step 5 With Darning needle sew in the loose ends Step 6 Clip remaining ends Repeat as needed.

Hello Again and the Organizing Challenge

Hello Again Everyone It has been a long time since I have taken the time to share my Craftyness with you.  This is not because I have not been crafty but more because I have gotten busy and probably a little lazy also my place is kinda messy and often I feel some tidying needs to be done before I can take pictures to show and then well .... It just kinda falls by the way side. I have decided I am going to try to ease back into doing more crafting and more blogging, and the way I have decided to do this is by taking part in an organizing challenge on one of my favorite Thrifty blogs,  Mrs January.com . and I will try my best to share my results with you here on my blog. I have decided to share this here as one of the biggest obstacle I have when wanting to be crafty is not having an organized and tidy home, to be crafty in, so my hope is that by the end of June I will have a more pleasant place to be crafty and continue to share my craftiness with you. So who is with me? check o

30 Day Organizing Challenge Day 1 Results

30 Day Organizing Challenge  Day 1 Organize Your Purse, Diaper Bag or Wallet Results As part of getting back into blogging I am taking part in MrsJanuary.com An Organized Home in 30 Days Challenge and blogging about it here. Well it was late last night but I finally went to my front hall and found this mess of purses and bags that I use on a regular bases. I took all these bags and looked inside, none of these bags had every thing I would need if I needed to run out of the house right now, they were also so messy it would have been difficult to find what i needed easily. A small clutch, a bag I took shopping, a bag with stuff for my kids and a bag with my wallet and some crochet...none are useful on their own at the moment So to Start I dumped every thing out on the Coffee Table. Next I put things I did  not need in my every day bag away. I put a spare bathing suit and towel in one bag to leave in the back of my front hall closet for last min